Monday, December 30, 2013

Goodbye 2013! - This Year in Review

It's almost the end of 2013. Certainly it has been a tremendous year to me with lots of learning and personal achievements. Let's jump into some of this year's highlights! (since this is more like a review, you might have seen some of the pictures before)


Few weeks after I got back back home in Malaysia, my friends Muaz and Wana who got married earlier this year asked me for a short outdoor portrait session. I was more than excited to do it and to my surprise it turned out pretty well! Of course when I look back at the pictures there are some things I could have done better but I'm glad that through the photo shoot I started to gain more confidence in this business.


Then few months later another friend of mine said they needed a photographer to cover an event. Turned out it was the 2013 Petroleoum Geoscience Conference and Exhibition organized by Petronas. I shot a lot of clubs and student associations events back in my college days but this is my first real experience covering such a huge event from 7am-10pm. It was intense but the learning was worth it!


Then later I was chosen by Izzati and Haizam to cover their wedding and reception in Serendah, Selangor! I always learn something new from every shoot so it was another valuable experience for me.


Another photo shoot in September! This time it's for Azizi's brother Dr. Karim and her wife Dr. Aishah. The picture above was taken at Taman Tasik Ampang Hilir, Ampang. It was a cloudy evening so the lighting was almost perfect for the shoot.


Then a break from shooting weddings as I got an offer to take pictures of my client and her friends during the commencement day in IIUM. It was my first time being in IIUM thanks to Miss Dina. 


Next stop: Melaka. Two days in Melaka to shoot another wedding and reception. Congratulations to Syaiful and Ashikin. Too bad we didn't get to try the famous Klebang Coconut Shake but I'll be there again...next time.. I think.


Then earlier this December I decided to try my luck at the 8th Korean Speech contest by Republic of Korea Embassy in Malaysia. I memorized the whole speech and alhamdulillah my speech was very smooth. They didn't mention in the website that there'll be a short interview by all the three judges at the end of every speech but luckily things went pretty smooth too during my interview. Alhamdulillah the third place was more than enough this time! 


Now it's the final wedding shoot of this year which took place in Dewan Bahasa and Pustaka. The venue was simply beautiful. The lighting was great and so did the atmosphere.








Congratulations to Ammar and Afyqah. And also to everyone who I photographed throughout the year, thank you very much! With every picture I take, every new places I go, and every new people I meet, I learn something new and photography is also about learning and putting things into practice. The last time I shot a wedding, I still felt nervous because I know that the occasion only happens once in a lifetime but that's a good thing, because I then started taking pictures like there's no second chance to capture the moment! (in fact, there's never a second chance to do so).

Before signing off, here's a picture from Twins of Faith 2013. Nope, I didn't go there as a photographer. I definitely spent a good weekend there with lots of new inputs and reminders. It's free for recent reverts and non Muslims who wants to learn more of the religion from famous scholars.





Now I'm looking forward for 2014 with the hope of becoming a better person and a better photographer.
Have a wonderful end to this year everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment