Friday, March 28, 2014

Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Festival

From 27th-30th March 2014, the 6th Putrajaya International Hot Air Balloon Festival is taking place at Putrajaya. I woke up at 5AM on the first day of the event and reached the ticket counter around 7.10AM. The morning session was scheduled to start at 7.30. They are only letting in 180 people per session. Well, my number was...138 so I am very happy I wasn't late for another 5 minutes.

The fee? On their website they stated that it's just RM20 per ride with MyKad but on the brochure there's no such thing. Still, it's best not to leave your ID at home.

After standing in line for almost two hours, we finally get to ride the hot air balloon! It's a tethered ride so you don't get to go around the city. You'll just go up high enough about 20 meters for you to get a different view of Putrajaya. One more thing, if I'm not mistaken you have to be at least 4ft to ride the balloon and two to four people can get on the ride at a time.










Once you're done you can always go around the booths. There's definitely a lot of things to do in case you want to spend at least half a day there. If you're planning to come after sunset during this weekend, they'll have some sort of light show. I'm not pretty sure what kind of show. Fireworks perhaps? If you have extra cash, you can take a helicopter ride for RM130. Nope, I didn't bring that much cash on that day so I spent only half a day there.

Will I come back next year? Probably, but at night if they have the light show again. Putrajaya is a very beautiful city at night so I don't want to miss the chance to take some beautiful pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment